Album Bio- It’s
It’s All Good” is the first full-length, all originals album
from the band Mid-Life Crisis. The album is a collection of 13 songs
and stories that came from the band’s middle age perspective on
life. Family, friends, jobs, memories…these mid-life stories
have many highs and many lows. Produced by Michael Crittenden at Mackinaw
Harvest Studios, the album has become a labor of love for all involved.
Through the process of writing, producing and performing these songs,
the band has come to the collective conclusion that, in the end, it
1. Holiday For Two – The album opens with this hard rocker
about a crumbling relationship. The irony of this horn driven song
upbeat tempo in contrast with the stark reality of a mid-life break
2. The Worry Song – What are the real crises of mid-life? That
is what Steve and Betsy tried to answer with this tongue-in-cheek
laundry list of worries that was written during a cross-country family
These simple, worried rhymes evolved into this big production that
is now The Worry Song.
3. Healing Of Time – The mood of this song is set by the beautiful
sounds of the Telecaster, while Tina reminds us of the hopefulness
of the healing of time.
4. My Father’s Shoes – Sometimes a father’s influence
does not become obvious until you become a parent yourself…thanks,
5. Completely Understanding – Completely Understanding is a
lovely ballad about the mysterious complexities of relationships.
you love someone without completely understanding them.
6. Make A Change – Sometimes the changes in life are like a
3 ring circus. Like the chaotic changes in life, this song is a cacophony
horns, wailing guitars, timpani and time changes.
7. Tennessee Flyer – Everyone has been faced with the difficult
decision of ending a relationship. Did the Tennessee Flyer make the
right decision? You decide.
8. Silly Children – Tim’s moving saxophone sets the tone
for Silly Children, which offers the advice that whatever goes around,
9. Away – Dreams and reality blend together in this touching song
that Terry wrote to try to capture the feeling of living with Alzheimer’s.
10. Song For Mom – How do you say goodbye to your Mom? Kevin
expresses it perfectly in A Song For Mom, which was written during
the last few
weeks of his mom’s life. He first performed the song
for her, and then all too soon again at her funeral. This
is a tribute
to all of our mothers.
11. Just A Woman – This lighthearted song is about the melancholy
that all men feel when they have been dumped.
12. Through These Eyes – Tina and Greg teamed up to create this
screaming rocker. A wall of sound with horns, guitar, keys and drums – this
song is classic Mid-Life Crisis.
13. Missing You – It started out as an extended length instrumental
guitar experiment, and had many different names during production.
Dave brought it all together when he added the lyrics and gave it
a name and
heart felt theme.
For further press or media info, contact Steve Bloom – (616)243-3004